Adolph SCHMALZ 3 4 5
- Born: October 23, 1854, Gallenbach, , Baden-Württemberg, Germany 6
- Baptized: October 29, 1854, Steinbach, Baden, Germany
- Marriage: Katharina BINZ on May 29, 1882 in Logan County, Arkansas 1 2
- Died: September 5, 1903, Paris, Logan, Arkansas, USA at age 48 7
- Buried: Paris, Arkansas - St. Joseph's Cemetery
Adolph emigrated to America from Baden-Baden, Germany. Baden-Baden is a small town near the Black Forest in south western Germany. Click here to read more about the history of Baden-Baden and how it got it's name.
The following is an excerpt from an email sent by Bill Schmaltz: "Dad (Leonard Schmalz) said he thought it was said that his grandfather(Adolph) died at age 39. Also just hear say, he died of/in an operation for appendicitis on the kitchen table, in that "log cabin" ... at least one wall logs."
Noted Events In his Life:
- Census, June 4, 1900, Six Mile, Logan, Arkansas - District 62.
The following Schmalz family are members are listed on this page:
Adolph Schmalz, Head, Born Oct 1854, Age 46
Katie Schmalz, Wife, Born July 1856 Age 43
Joseph, Son, Born Apr 1883, Age 17
Charlie, Son, Born Nov1885, Age 14
John, Son, Age 22 Born Feb 1887, Age 13
Annie, Daughter, Born Mar 1890, Age 10
Lena, Daughter, Born Aug 1894, Age 5
- Cemetery: St. Joseph's Cemetery: Paris, Logan, Arkansas, USA.
Adolph married Katharina BINZ on May 29, 1882 in Logan County, Arkansas.1 2 (Katharina BINZ was born on July 16, 1858 in Baden, Baden, Germany, died on October 18, 1947 in Paris, Logan, Arkansas, USA 8 and was buried in Paris, Arkansas - St. Joseph's Cemetery.)