Hannah Robertina PETTERSEN 1
- Born: February 13, 1878, Fosnes, , Nord-Trøndelag, Norway
- Marriage (1): John SAXHAUG on November 29, 1896 in Windom, Cottonwood, Minnesota, USA
- Marriage (2): Mr. SPENCER in 1906-1912
- Marriage (3): Emanuel M. "Monty" PETERSON on December 6, 1916 in Windom, Cottonwood, Minnesota, USA
- Died: December 20, 1964, Windom, Cottonwood, Minnesota, USA at age 86 2
- Buried: Windom, Minnesota - Lakeview Cemetery
Robertine emigrated on 21 Jul 1880 from Norway to Chicago, Illinois.
Hannah lived at 809 Miller Avenue in Windom, Minnesota. This house was built by her mother and father. The land upon which the house was built was purchased from the railroad. Hannah, her mother and Monty Peterson all died in this house. Vern Peterson and his wife Rita lived in this house when they were first married. After Hannah married Monty, Monty subdivided the property and Vern and Rita bought a lot and built a prefab house on the 8th street side of the property. According to Bette, this house is still there as of April 2001. Other residents of the upstairs
part of the house were Barbara Burton Maher and four of her children, namely, Jane, Susan, Brenda, and Mike. Barbara and her children lived in the house for about 6 months in 1965. The final resident of the house was Margaret Saxhaug Maher and she lived in this house the majority of her life.
Buried next to Hannah R. Peterson and Emmanuel M. Peterson (Lakeview Cemetery, Windom, Minnesota) are the following:
Peterson, Ida E., April 2, 1864 - January 6, 1916
Peterson Petter K., August 29, 1875 - December 9, 1894
Noted Events In her Life:
- Census, April 21, 1930, Windom, Cottonwood, Minnesota - District 24.
The following Peterson and Maher family members are listed on this page:
Emanuel M. Peterson, Head, Age 51
Hannah, Wife, Age 52
Vernon, Son, Age 12
Kermit Maher, Head, Age 24
Margaret, Wife, Age 25
LaVone, Daughter, Age 5
Betty A., Daughter, Age 10/12
- Obituary, December 1964. Hannah R. Peterson was the daughter of Olaf and Robertina Peterson, She was born February 13, 1878 in Norway. At an early age she was baptized and later confirmed in the Lutheran faith. Mrs. Peterson has lived in Windom her entire life with the exception of three years when she resided at Slayton, Minnesota. In 1900 she was united in marriage to John Saxhaug, who passed away in 1905. In 1916 she was united in marriage to E.M. Peterson, the marriage taking place at Windom, Minnesota. He died in 1952. Mrs. Peterson has been a resident of the Sogge Memorial Home for the past three years. She had been in quite good health until about a year ago when she began to fail. She became seriously ill several days ago and early Sunday morning, December 20, 1964, passed away. At the time of her death she was 86 years, 10 months and 7 days of age. Hannah was a loving wife and mother, a good neighbor and friend to all who knew her. She attended the Windom Evangelical Lutheran Church and was a member of the ladies aid and was a shut in of the church. Mrs. Peterson had the misfortune of losing her eyesight some years ago but throughout her illness and misfortunes enjoyed her family and many friends and always was cheerful and content with her lot in life. She leaves to mourn her passing three children, namely, Margaret, Mrs. Kermit Maher of Windom; Otto Saxhaug of Revere, Minnesota and Vernon Peterson of Bingham Lake, Minnesota. Also surviving are thirteen grandchildren and 18 great grandchildren and a host of other relatives and friends. She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband and by three children; Leona and Alma and one son, Harold, several years ago. Blessed be her memory. Pallbearers at the funeral were Arnold Sogge, T. A. Haugen, Pete Holland, Leonard Nerness, Ernest Johnson and Amos Gravley. Funeral arrangements were handled by Hanson-Witt Funeral Chapel, 669-13th Street, Windom, Minnesota.
Hannah married John SAXHAUG on November 29, 1896 in Windom, Cottonwood, Minnesota, USA.
Hannah next married Mr. SPENCER in 1906-1912.
Hannah next married Emanuel M. "Monty" PETERSON on December 6, 1916 in Windom, Cottonwood, Minnesota, USA. (Emanuel M. "Monty" PETERSON was born about 1879 in Iowa, died in 1952 in Windom, Cottonwood, Minnesota, USA and was buried in Windom, Minnesota - Lakeview Cemetery.)