Frances Regina SCHMALZ
- Born: November 8, 1891, Paris, Logan, Arkansas, USA
- Marriage: Anton M. GACK about 1926
- Died: May 1986, Paris, Logan, Arkansas, USA at age 94 1
- Buried: Paris, Arkansas - St. Joseph's Cemetery 2
Noted Events In her Life:
- Census, June 27, 1900, Short Mountain, Logan, Arkansas - District 61.
The following Schmaltz family are members are listed on this page:
Gabriel Smaltz, Head, Born May 1835, Age 65
Louise E., Wife, Born Feb 1852, Age 48
Caroline, Daughter, Born May 1877, Age 23
Felix A., Son, Born Oct 1878, Age 21
Frank M., Son, Born Jan 1882, Age 18
Mary E., Daughter, Born Dec 1886, Age 13
Adolp, Son, Born Nov 1884, Age 15
Leo, Son, Born May 1888, Age 12
Frances M., Daughter, Born Oct 1992, Age 8
This is the most messed up census I found. Even with all the errors in the census data and the transcription of the data, I am
convinced this IS the Gabriel Schmalz family. It looks like when the census taker came around somebody just made their best
guess at birth month and year for each person in the family but were off by a year or so for most and off by about 9 years for
Gabriel. The names also have errors indicating that whoever was giving the information to the census taker didn't even have a
good knowledge of the family membrs names. The errors are:
- Gobrie Smatty: I can't make out the first name but the last name looks like "Smaltz" with the l and the t crossed thus the name
- "Caroline, Daughter" should be "Conrad, Son".
- Felix A. should be Felix C.
- Adolp should be Adolph
- Mary E. should be Mary S.
It's also interesting that Mary also shows up in the 1900 Fort Smith Census indicating she was not even living at Gabriel's
house in 1900. I also suspect Conrad had already spread his wings and flew the coop by 1900 which would explain why
someone who didn't know the family might have been confused about "Caroline/Conrad".
- Census, April 1, 1910, Short Mountain, Logan, Arkansas - District 58.
The following Schmalz families are listed on this page:
Gabriel Schmalz, Head, Age 66
Louise, Wife, Age 58
Adolph, Son, Age 25
Leo Son, Age 21
Frances, Daughter, Age 18
Charles Schmalz, Head, Age 24
Tillie, Wife, Age 22
- Census, April 30, 1930, Mountain, Logan, Arkansas - District 30.
The following Gack family are members are listed on this page:
Anton Gack, Head, Age 40
Frances, Wife, Age 38
- Cemetery: St. Joseph's Cemetery: Paris, Logan, Arkansas, USA.
Frances married Anton M. GACK, son of Unknown and Unknown, about 1926. (Anton M. GACK was born on September 6, 1890 in Paris, Logan, Arkansas, died on December 20, 1960 in Paris, Logan, Arkansas 3 and was buried in Paris, Arkansas - St. Joseph's Cemetery.)